Hydroponics or hydroponic farming is a method of growing plants that uses mineral solutions in an inert medium (expanded perlite) replacing agricultural land.
The roots receive a nutritionally balanced solution dissolved in water, which contains the essential nutrients required by the developing plants that are growing in the inert medium provided by the expanded perlite.
2002 PERLINDUSTRIA manufactures expanded perlite bags for hydroponics.
The benefits of hydroponics with expanded perlite:
- Greater control over plant nutrition
- Increased plant performance, more production
- Fruits are equal, less difference in size
- Significant water savings
- Plant oxygenation
- Low soil temperature/growth medium